Monday, October 11, 2010

My Song, The Way I Sing It

Ok so my vision for  this blog is to bring you things beyond the basic ( haha b.t.b. see it?) music and fashion posts, and luckily my friend Dave emailed me this press release for a off broadway play that has truly has me intrigued in going to see. So without saying too much check out the release and book your tickets A.S.A.P.!! 




MY SONG, THE WAY I SING IT
A Limited Engagement 


What:
 The Return of the Off-Broadway production,  My Song, The Way I Sing It  Often likened to Ntosake Shange's "For Colored Girls Who've Considered Suicide When The Rainbow Is Enuf", MY SONG, THE WAY I SING IT explores the journey through girlhood,marriage, and the contrasting ways that feminism and society have affected the way women see the world and themselves. This play sheds light on the fact that the images that women are constantly bombarded with are that of the male perspective. From television to movies and music, women are hard pressed to find a voice that truly speaks to who they are and the obstacles they face.
MY SONG, THE WAY I SING IT is their response!


Who: Writer/Director KarynRose Bruyning is bringing back her much talked about ensemble cast of 6 women in MY SONG,THE WAY I SING IT. This play is starring Natalie Buzzeo (of Off-Broadway's HER TRAIN OF THOUGHT and 6 CHARACTER'S IN SEARCH OF AUTHOR), Martha Prosper (of GREEN EGGS AND A SILLY CAT and La Tea's own MACBETH) Zoey Wiesenborn, Patricia Mugerza  and new-comers Andrea Sarango and Gigi Gray.


Where: La Tea Theatre located in the Clemente Soto Velez Center 107 Suffolk St. NYC

When: October 15, 2010- @ 8pm, October 16, 2010 @ 2pm & 8pm, October 17, at 6:30pm
NOTE: There will be a Q & A session with the writer/director immediately following the 2pm show on Oct. 16th

Tickets: For more information please email us at mysong2009@gmail.com. For tickets please visit www.smarttix.com. Tickets are also available at the door for $25. Get your tickets now! Seating is limited!

0 comments:

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Powered by Blogger